NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOUR ENTRY, AS DEFINED BELOW, MAY BE INCLUDED IN SPONSOR’S COMMERCIAL MATERIAL, INCLUDING SPONSOR’S WEBSITE OR SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS.
These Official Rules apply to the JetBlue GreenUp Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”). The Sweepstakes begins on or about April 9, 2018, at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on April 30, 2018 at 11:59:59 PM ET (“Sweepstakes Period”).
1. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is JetBlue Airways Corporation, located at 27-01 Queens Plaza North, Long Island City, New York 11101 (hereafter, “Sponsor” or “JetBlue”).
2. PROMOTIONAL PARTNER: Carbonfund.org Foundation located at 853 Main Street, East Aurora, NY 14052. Carbonfund.org nor their affiliates, subsidiaries, are a sponsor of this Sweepstakes and shall bear no responsibility or liability for any aspect of the administration of the Sweepstakes.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes entrants must be legal residents of one (1) of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico and eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Void outside the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and where prohibited and restricted by law. Employees of Sponsor who hold a position as a Crewmember and are in good standing at the time of entry and at the time of prize distribution (hereinafter, a “JetBlue Crewmember”) are eligible for this Sweepstakes. All other officers, directors, shareholders, agents and representatives of Sponsor, Centra Marketing & Communications, LLC d/b/a Centra360 (hereinafter, the “Sweepstakes Administrator”), Carbonfund.org a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion and/or fulfillment agencies (hereinafter, the “Related Entities”) and the immediate families (spouse and parents, step parents, children, step children, siblings, grandparents and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in the same household of any such individual, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit www.jetblueforgood.com/GreenUp (“Sweepstakes Site”) and complete the Official Entry Form as directed. Entrants will be required to: (A) Submit their complete name and valid e-mail address; and (B) cast a vote for one (1) not-for-profit organization he/she chooses to receive one (1) fifteen thousand dollar ($15,000) donation to be disbursed in 2019 from Sponsor (A and B are individually defined as “Entry” and collectively defined as “Entries”). Entrants who are Crewmembers will be required to check the appropriate box at the top of the Official Entry Form to indicate their Crewmember status. Limit one (1) Entry per person per email address per day. For purposes of these Official Rules, a day is defined as between 12:00:00 AM ET and 11:59:59 PM ET the same day. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of automated Entry or similar devices to participate or subvert the entry process is prohibited and all Entries submitted through such devices are void. All Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on April 30, 2018.
5. TWO (2) RANDOM DRAWINGS/WINNER SELECTION: Prior to conducting the two (2) Random Drawings, all Entries received from JetBlue Crewmembers will be sorted and will be eligible for the Crewmember Random Drawing; and all remaining Entries will be eligible for the JetBlue Customer Random Drawing (“JetBlue Customer Entries”). CREWMEMBER RANDOM DRAWING: Four (4) eligible JetBlue Crewmember Entries will be selected as Prize Winners from among all eligible Crewmember Entries received. JETBLUE CUSTOMER RANDOM DRAWING: Four (4) JetBlue Customer Entries will be selected as Prize Winners from among all eligible JetBlue Customer Entries received. The Random Drawings will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization. The Random Drawings will be conducted on or about May 3, 2018. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible Entries received.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION/RELEASES: All potential Prize Winners will be notified by Administrator via email on or about May 7, 2018. In order to be declared an official Prize Winner of the Sweepstakes, each potential Prize Winner is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Each Prize Winner will be required to execute, notarize and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Prize Acceptance, Liability, and, unless prohibited by law, a Publicity Release (“Release”) within fourteen (14) business days from date of notification to claim a prize. A potential Prize Winner may be disqualified if (i) required execution of winner notification materials are not received by Sweepstakes Administrator in a timely manner, (ii) a potential Prize Winner is ineligible, or (iii) a potential Prize Winner declines his/her prize. In the event a potential Prize Winner is disqualified, an alternate prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining corresponding eligible entries received. A selected potential Prize Winner will not be an official Prize Winner until all required documentation has been returned, and eligibility has been formally verified. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls or emails made to entrants or Prize Winners not by Sponsor or Sweepstakes Administrator. Prize Winners may be required to provide Sponsor with his/her Social Security number for tax purposes. The Internal Revenue Service requires Form 1099-MISC to be issued and filed for any recipient who receives a prize if the annual aggregate value of the prize received is $600 or more. Sponsor will issue a Form 1099-MISC to Prize Winners for the total fair market value of prizes received.
7. EIGHT (8) PRIZES AND THEIR APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): FOUR (4) JETBLUE CREWMEMBER GRAND PRIZES: Each JetBlue Crewmember Grand Prize will consist of two (2) round trip JetBlue Travel Certificates; valid for the base fare of a non-stop, round-trip JetBlue flight (excluding taxes and fees) between any two (2) destinations in the JetBlue route network; including a one-time individual carbon offset through Carbonfund.org. The ARV for each JetBlue Crewmember Grand Prize: $516.80; and FOUR (4) JETBLUE CUSTOMER GRAND PRIZES: Each JetBlue Customer Grand Prize will consist of two (2) round trip JetBlue Travel Certificates; valid for the base fare of a non-stop, round-trip JetBlue flight (excluding taxes and fees) between any two (2) destinations in the JetBlue route network; including a one-time individual carbon offset through Carbonfund.org. The ARV for each JetBlue Customer Grand Prize: $1,212.80. APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE OF ALL PRIZES: $6,918.40. LIMIT ONE (1) PRIZE PER PERSON OR HOUSEHOLD.
JetBlue Travel Certificates are subject to blackout dates and other restrictions may apply. The actual value of each JetBlue Travel Certificate may vary depending on Winner's city of departure and the time travel
takes place. Prize winners will receive instructions for redeeming the carbon offset through www.Carbonfund.org. Carbon offset is subject to terms and conditions must be redeemed within one (1) year from date of issue. All federal, state and local taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the individual Winners. The ARV of the prizes set forth above represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of the retail value thereof, and the actual fair market value, as ultimately determined by Sponsor, is final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated ARV of a prize is more than the actual fair market value of the prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. The specifics of all elements of the prizes stated herein shall be solely determined by Sponsor. Prizes may not be transferred or bartered. Prizes may not be substituted except that Sponsor in its discretion may substitute a prize, or portion thereof, with a prize or portion of comparable or greater value in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Any portion of a prize not used by a Prize Winner is forfeited and no cash substitute will be offered or permitted. Prizes being offered are provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Sponsor. The Sponsor has not made, and will not be responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
JETBLUE TRAVEL CERTIFICATE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Each Travel Certificate is good for one-time use by one person in accordance with the travel restrictions identified on or in connection with the Certificate. All travel must be booked and flown within the specified validity dates. In the event that a Travel Certificate does not include dates of validity, the Certificate shall be good for travel booked and flown within one (1) year of the date of issuance. If specific flights or departures/destinations are not identified on or in connection with the Travel Certificate, the Certificate may only be redeemed for one-way JetBlue flights to/from JetBlue cities. (Not all JetBlue cities connect; call 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2538) for information on connecting cities.) Redeemed travel is subject to availability, blackout dates, and capacity controls (flights to/from Caribbean destinations subject to heightened capacity controls), and seats may not be available on all flights. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice. Certificate is not valid for bookings on Mint, partner airlines or code share or interline flights or for use in connection with JetBlue Vacations packages, cruises or any other products or services. Certificate is transferable; however, at no time may it be purchased, sold, bartered, traded on an auction website or otherwise exchanged for value without prior written consent from JetBlue. Certificate cannot be partially redeemed, is not redeemable for cash, and has no cash value. Customers are subject and entitled to all provisions of JetBlue’s Contract of Carriage. See http://www.jetblue.com/p/jetblue_coc.pdf for details. If traveling outside of the United States of America, Customers are responsible for any and all documentation requirements, including but not limited to, proof of citizenship and all applicable visa requirements. For travel to Cuba, each passenger must comply with regulations administered by the United States Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and is solely responsible for ensuring that his or her trip is authorized under at least one of the OFAC approved license categories and for obtaining any applicable visa. JetBlue is not responsible for a passenger’s failure to present or provide adequate travel documentation required by the applicable laws of the territories a passenger is traveling to or from. Government taxes and fees apply to travel booked using a Certificate, are the responsibility of the Passenger, and will vary based on route. For travel to Cuba, the fees payable will include Cuban Government-required health insurance coverage provided by Asistur, the terms and conditions of which can be accessed from the ESICUBA website: http://www.esicuba.cu/ProdPersonas.html. Government taxes/fees are subject to change as required by law. Passenger must pay all applicable taxes and fees using a major credit card at the time of booking. To view more information regarding applicable taxes and fees, see http://www.jetblue.com/legal/taxes/. Two checked bags are included subject to size and weight limits. Additional bags are $100 each. Passenger is solely responsible for fees for any oversized, overweight or extra baggage and fees for products/services sold separately, such as Even More Space seats, pet fees, etc. To view baggage fees and other optional services and fees, see http://www.jetblue.com/legal/fees/. A Travel Certificate may be redeemed only by calling 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) and providing the authorization number and PIN number included on the Certificate. Travel Certificates may not be redeemed at airport ticket counters or online. The authorization number and/or PIN number cannot be replaced if lost or stolen (except as required by law), and JetBlue is not responsible for lost or stolen Travel Certificates, authorization numbers or pin numbers. Customers will not be able to redeem their Travel Certificate without the authorization number and PIN. Redeemed travel is not eligible for TrueBlue points. (TrueBlue is JetBlue’s loyalty program.) JetBlue’s change/cancel policies (including certain change/cancel fees) apply. If passenger is a no-show for reserved flight or does not change/cancel prior to scheduled departure, passenger will forfeit the Certificate(s) and all money associated with the reservation. Additional terms and restrictions apply. See http://www.jetblue.com/legal/ for details.
8. WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes and submitting an Entry, each entrant waives, discharges and fully releases Sponsor, Promotional Partner, Advertising Agencies, Sweepstakes Administrator, the Related Entities, and the officers, directors, shareholders. agents and representatives of each (hereinafter, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from or in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes or from the receipt or use of any prize or from any activity related to the receipt or use of any prize. By receipt of any prize, each Prize Winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize and assumes the risk(s) of traveling to a city other than his/her own.
9. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, Prize Winners by acceptance of a prize, grant to the Released Parties the right to publicize his/her name, city and state of residence, and Entry (or any portion thereof), photograph, voice, statements and/or other likeness and prize information in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for advertising, trade and other purposes, throughout the world, in perpetuity, in any manner, without limitation and without additional compensation, consideration, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Released Parties are not responsible for stolen, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, lost, damaged, garbled, delayed, incomplete or garbled Entries or email; for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections; availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines; or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or problems of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, computer, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes , including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes , the processing of Entries, the announcement of the prizes, functionality of the Sweepstakes Hotline or in any Sweepstakes -related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer, wireless phone/smartphone or landline phone related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception or other unfair playing practices, or intend to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or any representative of Sponsor and/or the Released Parties, or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated Entries will be void. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Sweepstakes is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor, and their respective agents. Sponsor shall have the sole right to disqualify any entrant for violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws relating to the Sweepstakes and to resolve all disputes in its sole discretion.
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof). In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may elect to identify the Prize Winners and award the prizes by random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible Entries received up to the time of such cancellation or in another manner otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
12. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT AND RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. DISPUTES: By entering the Sweepstakes , each entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes , or the prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes , and in no event will entrant be entitled to receive attorneys' fees or other legal costs; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. Any legal proceedings arising out of this Sweepstakes or relating to these Official Rules shall be instituted only in the federal or state courts located in the State of New York, County of New York, and the parties consent to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to these rules. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
15. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a list of Prize Winners (available after June 4, 2018) or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped #10 envelope to: JetBlue GreenUp Sweepstakes , c/o Centra360, 1400 Old Country Road, #417, Westbury, NY 11590. Please specify “Winners List” OR “Official Rules” on the outer envelope. Requests must be received by May 1, 2018.
16. NATURE OF SPONSOR’S BUSINESS: Air Transportation.
©2018 JetBlue Airways Corporation. All rights reserved.